Friday, October 14, 2011

Hankerchief Infinity Dress



This isn’t the first infinity dress I have made, and I am sure it won’t be the last either.

It is such an easy dress to make, and so versatile with how you can wear it, and even more so when it is so easy for you have one in every colour!!!

I had visioned this dress after an episode of Winners and Losers, I knew I wanted a dress similar to Sophie’s (second from left in case you don’t watch the show ;)), with a colourful print as the skirt part, with a handkerchief hemline, and a black top/strap area.

I was even more thrilled when I found the floral print fabric for $2 a metre at Spotlight.
The black stretch fabric was found in the remnant bin for something ridiculous like 60c!
The most expensive part of this dress was the lining, which was $7 a metre.

In total this dress cost me less than $10, and no more than an hour or so to make!

The flower, made from left over scraps cut from the waist circle hole, has both a safety pin attached so it can be worn as a brooch on the dress, or cardi when needed, and also a bobby pin, so it can be worn in my hair, depending on my mood.

No comments: