Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cheeky Monkey Duo

I was approached through my business about donating an item to an upcoming charity auction, and if possible an item for a girl and an item for a boy.

I knew exactly what I wanted to make, as it has been in my "I'd-like-to-make-one-day" list.

After checking with, Larissa at mmmcrafts, if I could use her free pattern for the auction item.(As I wasn’t sure on rules about selling an item made from someone else’s pattern, even if I'm not making a profit myself, always best to check.)

I made my version of Molly Monkey and adapted the pattern to make a boy monkey (however a Mike Monkey pattern can be purchased here)


I drafted his removable shorts myself (including a hole for his tail, LOL)
And I was thinking, once auction bids reach a certain amount, I will be including extra skirts and shorts so both monkeys can be dressed during playtime.

Once the auction goes ahead, I will post further details to let you know when it has started.

No comments: