Thursday, May 17, 2012

Printing on Fabric


Why haven’t I done this sooner....??? My eldest two boys have just started collect these Trash Packs and While my eldest has the collector case, he also wants to take the characters to school to "battle" with his friends (or whatever you actually do with this toy) and the case is a little too big in his bag and too "showy" for my liking to take to school. So I told him I would make a little draw string bag (and of course one for my second eldest) And then I suddenly remembered I wanted to try printing on fabric, and would be perfect to print the logo to have on the bag.


HOW TO:

1)I ironed some visoflex on to my white fabric, and leaving the paper side of the visoflex still on the fabric I masking taped all 4 sides of my fabric to an A4 pieces of paper.

2) Doing a printing test on to another piece of paper to make sure it would line up on my piece of fabric (as my fabric wasn’t a full A4 size)

3) I then sent my fabric paper through the printer.
And you’re DONE!

It's that SIMPLE!



The logo is a little smudgy from the printer ink, but luckily the style of the Trash Packs can have a dirty look to it.


No comments: